Because sometimes the best backcountry experiences come with mixed conditions and unexpected terrain, you need a board that rises to every challenge. The Family Tree Hometown Hero Splitboard works well just about anywhere you drop it. Its directional shape and taper keep it agile in powder, while the Split Channel mounting system makes for smooth transitions. From floating through open powder stashes to working through variable conditions, its versatility shines bright no matter where you wind up.
- Freeride Directional Shape features a setback camber and a sidecut that is centered on your stance to create a twin freestyle stance when riding flat base, while on edge it turns tight and quick with the float and prowess of a directional deck
- 12mm Taper provides a versatile ride that promotes free and easy turns, making this board perfect for riding in any condition
- Directional Camber Bend has camber under both feet for stability through deep-diving turns and variable conditions and a rockered nose that adds lift for increased float
- Twin Flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that's equally versatile regular or switch
- Super Fly II 700G Splitboard Core uses stronger and lighter wood to provide pop and strength while reducing overall weight; Dualzone EGD engineered wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones perpendicular to the core for more edge-hold, response, and strength
- 45° Carbon Highlights Fiberglass build optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine-tune torsional feel
- WFO Base infuses specially formulated wax deep into the pores of the extra-absorbent, high-density recycled sintered material, making it ultradurable for riding all season in any condition
- Split Channel Board Mount is the strongest, fastest, easiest, and most adjustable mounting system ever offered on a splitboard and comes with pucks premounted for easy setup
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY All 2014 and newer Burton snowboards with The Channel mounting system (such as the one you are looking at here) are backed by a three-year warranty from date of purchase.